Friday, October 19, 2007

A Walk In the Woods - and Day 88 Pic

That's what I'll be doing this weekend and I can't wait.

Myself and 3 of my friends will be going on a 20 mile backpacking trip near World's End State Park.

So, I took a rest today from the workouts since I'll be getting a workout all weekend long. I also needed the time this morning to get ready for my trip. After I got everything all packed up I weighed my pack - 27 pounds. It will actually be heavier because I wasn't fully loaded up with water, and that is the single heaviest thing I carry. I'm really excited about this trip because I haven't gone backpacking in about 5 years. I used to do it all the time but life seems to get in the way a lot. As you get older it seems like it's 10 times as hard to get people together to do stuff like this.

My weigh-in today mirrored yesterday, 251.5, so I'm hoping that the hike will put be under the 250 by Monday morning. But don't worry, I'll be eating well during the trip. I've got trail mix, chili, power bars, all that good stuff ready to go. I wonder how many calories you burn hiking up and down mountains with 27 pounds on your back, for 6 hours a day?

In other news, I snapped a pic this morning, albeit a crappy one, of my current progress. I wanted to wait until after my 3 month anniversary next week, but I figured what the hell.

I apologize in advance for the hair (I had just gotten out of the shower :) ). Also, as you can see those pants are just about to the point where they're so big they're too sloppy to wear. They are a size 40 and I'm wearing 38's now.



Even though the quality of the pic isn't great, I think you can see a small difference from the day 74 pic to the right. That was only 14 days ago, but I think it's about a 7-8 pound difference.

Well, it's time to get some work done. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

10 comments:

Silvana said...

Hey Brian, thanks for welcoming me to FAT....46 lbs, super! Hope to be saying the same in a couple of months down the road.

billy said...

Other than your jaundice, you appear to be doing well!

Rob Tucker said...

Your pack weighs 27 pounds - that's 19 pounds less than what you were carrying around on your body when you started this journey.

That's a pretty cool perspective, isn't it?

GeneTheK said...

Enjoy the hike. Sounds like a blast.

You're photos are inspiring.

Marcol said...

Enjoy your weekend, youre probably already doing that by now :)

Jay said...

haha, agree with Billy about the jaundice. Have fun this weekend.

Great pics and great progress!

Kristen said...

I'm jealous of your hiking trip. Nice to see the progress in your pics.

Jim McCoy said...

Wish I could do some hiking. I haven't had much time to spend in the outdoors the past couple years, and this sounds like a really good time. Enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!! I'm hoping to get some backpacking in next year. We'll see... Anyway, have fun and be safe.

Your pics aren't showing up for me :(, but it sounds like you're melting away! Keep it up. :)

Melissa said...

Cant wait to hear about your hiking trip, I would love to go backpacking like that.