Thursday, October 4, 2007

Going Back In Fat Years


Like I've mentioned in the past I NEVER used to weigh myself. Not ever. So that said, I don't really know what I weighed when. I DO know that since roughly 1995 when I graduated high school, I've put on some weight every year. Sometimes I've lost it when I'd go on a long bike trip or something, but overall I weighed a bit more every years since say I was 18 up until Last July when I was 30. 12 year's of putting on the pounds.

I really wish I had measured my weight because now I’d have a good gauge of what weight I’ve got myself down to age-wise. Since I don’t, right now I’m using clothing. Last night I went through my closet and decided I’d try everything on and get rid of all of my clothes that were too big. In the end I had a pretty big pile. So today I’m going through what pics I can find of myself with those clothes on to try and figure out when the last time I weighed what I do now was.

-I’m definitely back to Spring 2007. This should be obvious, but it was blatant when I tired on a bunch of shirts I bought back in April or so that were size XXL. I swim in them now. In the bag for the Salvation Army they go.

“My name is Heinrich and I’m here for your Cheesteaks!”


- New Years 07? “Boy, Drunk and Fat is no way to go through life!”


- Fall 2006. That suit I bought for a wedding that I only wore one time, in this pic, is a no go. Way too big. Maybe it can be let in? Who knows, but I’m definitely gone back past fall 2006.


- Feb 2 2005. Hmm. I threw out the shirt and jeans I’m wearing in this pic because they were a bit big. Well Ok, I threw out the shirt because it’s ugly. But the pants were definitely big. I think my face looks bigger here too.


-I’m definitely back to 2004. I have a bunch of sweatshirts and shirts I used to wear then that fit fine, but over the past few years seemed to have shrunk. Now they either fit me fine, or are a little large. So I decided to keep those. Here’s one of them. I guess I had a fake goatee back then too. Hmm.


-1997. Well, it’s kinda of hard to tell from this pic how much I weighed then, but do I really want to ever look like this again? Was the gay german tourist look really ever in style? Probably not.


I tried on a pair of biking shorts I wore in 2002-ish and they seemed to kinda fit. So I think at this time I’ve roughly taken 5 years off of my fat life! I don’t have a pic handy for this one though! Good thing I guess.

6 comments:

Jim McCoy said...

I love this blog. This really puts things in perspective for me. I've made it down to about the size of pants I was wearing when I met my wife, so that's about five fat years for me! This is great way to think about things. Thank you.

Ripx180 said...

Yeah great blog Brian. Cool to get a blast from the past Brian style. Might be fun for us to all dig up that early 20s picture. I had some sweet hair back then if I remember correctly. Glad you are turning back the clock...

billy said...

i lost it with the gay german tourist comment. especially because i pictured you saying it. hilarious.

Rob Tucker said...

Very cool, man. LOVE the pictures. Losing "Fat Years" may turn into a common phrase around here as much as "Inner Fat" did (coined by Billy).

I've got some pictures from High School that will make you pee yourself. One of these days they'll come out of hiding.

swankywanker said...

Dude, I have a touch of the downs syndrome or something, because it took till I saw your comment on Robs blog to figure out that you're a local. Sorry. I've done lots of backpacking (averaging about 18 miles a day) so I ain't afraid of some walking. Let me know if you find out anything about a 3 day. I'm just afraid of fundraising, and I can get over that.

Loved the photo montage, by the way. Go Phils!

Marcol said...

How'd I miss this blog. Its nice that you have these pics to trace your weight gains and losses. Youre taking years off for sure...looking good!