Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's the Shoes

Weigh-in: 246 lbs
Mile Run Time: 8:14

That's right; it's the shoe's. I got some actual running sneakers last night at Sports Authority. For more info on the sneaks, see here. I got a great deal as they were on clearance because they had no box, plus I get a discount at that store because my company runs their website.

So this morning I strap them on and decide that today, the 3 month anniversary of my new "lifestyle", I shall really kick some anus and run a mile as fast as I can. The time? 8:14!

Let me tell you, I really did almost die. I mean, I'm fairly sure my heart came within a few beats of exploding all over the gym wall. But either way, I'm happy with that number for now. I have to go back to doing intervals in the mornings and maybe in another week or so I'll try the mile again.

My weigh-ins also seem to have stabilized at around 246 which I'm highly excited about. I expected it to go back up after I got properly hydrated over the weekend, but instead it's been hovering around 245-248. So given today's weigh-in, that puts me at around 50 pounds weight loss since I started. Actually, there was a 6 pound discrepancy in my scale at one point, so it might actually be closer to 44 or 45 pounds, but I like the sound of 50 better :).

I'm allowing myself today to feel good about myself, but after that it is back to work. I hope no one thinks that I'm trying to gloat about my success, I just feel really good about what I've done so far and felt the need to talk about it a little bit. I have to say I've surprised myself a little bit with this whole thing. I do however still feel like I have a lot more work to do and lots more to learn about this lifestyle and myself. Maybe I'll always feel that way on some level, I don't know. I've just been lucky so far to have the right set of circumstances to allow me to succeed in this thing. I suppose that is all I can really ask for.

Talk to you soon.

8 comments:

Ripx180 said...

good mile time! nice looking shoes and you have every right to brag/gloat a little. You are a weight loosing machine. 50 lbs is no freaking joke. Anyway man glad to see everything is going so well for you. Its truly a inspiration.

GeneTheK said...

It's OK to gloat and celebrate. You deserve it! 50 lbs. is a lot of weight (just think about ten 5 lb. bags of potatoes scattered all over your floor). Just don't get hung up on your success thus far.

Besides, it's pity parties that should be strictly forbidden.

billy said...

dude, 50 lbs in 3 months is retarded.

Marcol said...

You have a right to toot your own here for a bit. What youve done and are doing with your body is AWESOME!

Kristen said...

Please gloat. Others' successes should be contagious to those struggling.

Great shoes sure seemed to make all the difference for me.

Btw...aren't you the guy that started out by saying that you know very little about fitness and nutrition?

swankywanker said...

Nice work. You really are kicking anus. 8:14? Freaking excellent time. Especially since you're carrying a lot of weight still. Think how fast you'll be at your target weight.

Zoom. There went Brian.

Zoom. There he went again.

Don't blink. You might miss him.

Brian said...

Yea Kristen, I was that guy.

Actually I still dont feel I know that much about either yet.

I think you just need to know a little bit, but be CONSISTENT, and that is the key to being successful.

Melissa said...

50lbs in 3 months...please gloat :) That is awesome Brian!