Monday, October 8, 2007

38

Bwahahahahaha!

38.

Jeans.

I wear size 38 jeans now. I know it's not a fluke because I tried several brands of jeans in size 38 and they all fit. We're not talking Old Navy jeans which say 38 but actually measure 40-42, we're talking Calvin Clien, Lucky Brand, Claiborne, DKNY, they all fit. I have not been a size 38 jean's since I guess about 6 or 7 years ago and when I was they were TIGHT.
38 is still of course a bigger size, but at least it's in the 30's and I no longer feel embarrassed holding my 40+ inch jeans while line at the store or asking a sales person to help me find my size.

Wait until I get to 36; I haven't been able to put on a pair of 36" jeans since high school.

Also, I had another low-low weigh-in this morning, 255. It's just a number, but it just shows I'm still moving in the right direction. Those 5-6 days a week of working out and 95% of the time clean eating are paying off. It's these kinds of things that just motivate me to keep doing what I'm doing, if not even harder.

BTW, just to reiterate my level of happiness, I was a size 42 old navy jeans (and they were a bit tight) on the day I started this blog, July 24th.

OK, sorry, I'm done bragging now. Back to your regularly scheduled programs...

7 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Thats gotta feel great. Also noticed you are almost at your half way mark to your overall goal. You are kick-n a$$ and taking names. Keep doing what your doing cause its working really well.

Rob Tucker said...

That's a great step - being able to move into the 38's - my doctor told me that the 'guideline' for heart and health risks was the size 40, so that's a pretty good step for you. Nice job! Brag away, you've earned it.

Jay said...

Nice job man, you're rolling!

I'm thinking of trying on a pair of 38's myself pretty soon. I wonder if I can just punch another hole in my belt until I get to 36. :)

billy said...

That's awesome! I think I have an extra pair or 2 of 36's if you want them (they're old navy so you may already fit, or at least give you a goal to shoot for!)

In my experience the pants size went down REALLY slowly because most of us wear pants at the hips and that's not where the bulk of the fat lies.

Nice work!

Jim McCoy said...

This is great!! There's nothing like the feeling of trying on smaller clothes to make you feel like you're really doing it. Keep it up.

swankywanker said...

Ooh, congratulations! Not only are they smaller, but I bet they look better too. The worst thing about fat person jeans is that the wider you are, the further apart they have to put the back pockets. It makes your ass look wall-eyed. No more wall-eye for you. 38 is a very respectable pant size. Keep it up slim.

Marcol said...

Brag on Brian youve earned your bragging rights. Size 38 across the board. Thats nothing shy of awesome!