Not from my new healthy lifestyle, but from work. Yes that's right ,it's that time of year again; time to head down to Cape Hatteras and enjoy the sun and beach for the next week.
Am I worried about maintaining my healthy lifestyle amid the cookouts, eating out, and beer? No, not really. When not tied down to a regular work schedule of slaving in front of my computer I'm actually a pretty active person. I hate to be bored and sitting in one place for too long.
Anyhow, here's my plan to keep it up:
- I'm taking my scale with me so I can continue to monitor my progress.
- I'm looking into a temporary gym down in OBX so I can continue my lifting routine. As a backup I'm also bringing a few sets of free weights.
- I'm of course bringing my bike, and every morning I plan to go for a vigorous ride.
- I'm packing some healthy food. We're renting a house for week and will be cooking a lot of meals at "home", so it won't be too hard to control what goes into my body. If I eat out i'll do the same thing I have been doing, and order the healthiest thing on the menu that I actually like.
- I'm planning to try some new activities. My friend and I are talking about taking surfing lessons. At the very least we'll be body boarding.
- I'm sure I'll be taking long walks on the beach with Liz and enjoying the evening sunshine...
I guess that's all I have planned for at this point. Vacations for me have never really been a time to lie around and do nothing anyway. I'll do nothing when I'm dead. This week I'll stay active and continue to lose this extra poundage so next year I wont have to worry about scaring all the women and children away at the beach.
p.s., I'll definitely still be posting my weight for the challenges, but aside from that I might not be posting quite as much, so don't think I've given up or forgot about the blogs.
Have a great week everyone!