Monday, August 20, 2007

Business as Usual and an Apology

I feel like things are going well. I lost weight this past week at a slower rate than the week before, 1-2 pounds compared to the amazing 4.5 I did the week before. I'm not disappointed because I didn’t consider the 4.5 pound week to be the norm. As long as I'm losing weight at any rate I'm making progress, so that is good.

I still ride the stationary bike a minimum of 30 minutes every day m-f, and I commute on my real bike to work 2-3 days a week. I also did ride again on Saturday. We did 20 miles with some really nice hills in the middle. I also had three flat tires, including having to repair both front and rear tires before I even left the driveway...that was annoying.

Saturday night I had another 3 glasses of scotch, but other than that I've still not "cheated" in the food area at all in the past 4 weeks. Of course I’ve had some saturated fat here and there, but not often, and I'm in a caloric deficit every day.

I do have an apology to make though. I've found that I now read the labels on EVERYTHING as I must do so I know what I'm putting in my body. Often, I'm amazed at the numbers I see. It's no wonder I put the weight on I did over the past few years...

Anyway, my reaction when I see "the numbers" on something I'd often eat without thinking about before is often "Oh my god!", "That's horrible!" , "How could I have eaten this?!".

Well, I didn’t really think about how the people standing around me are eating those exact things. Some of them might have even tried and failed to go on "diets" and lose weight.

So, to those people, I apologize. I didn’t mean to be rude, and my comments were aimed towards myself, not you. I'm not judging you for your food choices. From now on, when I read a label I will keep my thoughts to myself. I will respect your lifestyle choices and you can respect mine.

That's all I have, talk to you all later.

4 comments:

billy said...

Good attitude on the steady weight loss.

And screw those people.

Rob Tucker said...

Exactly what Billy said. You'll find that if you settle into a 1 1/2, 2 pound weekly loss, you're doing it the right way.

And yeah, screw those people. Maybe they could benefit from reading it themselves.

billy said...

I'm kinda settled into the .5-1 lb/week thing now. It's frustrating, but I know it's what's right at this point in the game.

David said...

Good job Brian reading those labels and sticking to healthy food choices ! You already have such great results so far !