Thursday, February 21, 2008

Runnin' Bikin' Workin'

Weigh-In: 209.5 lbs

My weigh-ins have been anywhere between 208 and 212 for about two weeks now. I guess that's good since I'm not really trying to lose weight. I'm still adjusting though to not losing weight. It's weird.

Anyway, I ran a 5k this morning for the first time in a week. I really pushed myself a got a new best time (I think): 23:36. Woohoo!

I still haven't signed up for the Philly triathlon yet, for a few reasons.

One, it's $120 and I'm kinda broke right now because of remodeling my kitchen and a few other things (It sure wouldn't hurt to have that $40 bucks from the DECEMBER weight loss challenge! Like that's going to happen. Anyway, I shall digress...)

The other reason I haven't signed up is because I'm not sure if I really would like to swim in the Skukyll river, right next to downtown Philly. Apparently every year before the triathlon they test the water for contamination. A few years they didnt have the race because it failed the test...that sounds...kinda scary. Maybe there is another triathlon I can sign up for where I don't have to risk infection.

Everything else is going well. Still weight training 3 days week and doing cardio 2-3 days. Still eating well. I started commuting to work on the bicycle, but now the weather has turned bad and it's just too cold. In fact, here's a pic from Monday:




Hmm, kinda looks like I have a gut, but it's actually just because that shirt is tucked in. Ignore that please!

Well, that's all I really have to say today. Hopefully everyone is doing well!

6 comments:

inked said...

Did you have a forest troll take that picture for you?

I totally agree with you about swimming in Philly triathalon. That just sounds gross man.

Brian said...

"Did you have a forest troll take that picture for you?"

Actually, yes.

inked said...

A lot of people like to hate on the trolls just because they're "different" and eat small children....but I've noticed that they are some of the best picture takers out there in the forest.

Rob Tucker said...

Did it have a jewel in its belly button and wild pink hair?

Jay said...

Looking good! Yeah, swimming in questionable water can't be enjoyable at all.

billy said...

I have to take offense here.

I have a cousin who is a "Forest Troll". Actually, they prefer to be called "Woodspeople".

I understand you are just joking and don't mean anything by it but it hurts just the same. Please understand that you have many readers who might take these things as being hateful.

As for the $40... I can't believe you don't have it yet. What an asshole.