Saturday, September 4, 2010

Progress

I've made some progress. Not the kind you're thinking of probably. Over the past few weeks I've started to semi pay attention to what the hell I'm doing from an eating perspective. I have been to the gym once and ran once but it's very hard for me right now to find time to exercise or even build it into my schedule just because of the world. I really do hate to make excuses but I'm working my full time job, working my side job trying to grow that business, and helping raise our 1 year and 1 month old children with my wife. Just finding sleep is hard enough to be quite honest. Did I mention we're also painting our house, repairing a leaky roof, moving bedrooms around and doing general remodeling?

That said there is no excuse for what you put in your mouth no matter how busy you are so I've been making a kinda of half ass lame attempt to monitor what I eat for the past few weeks as I've mentioned here. It may be working or it may not , because up until this morning I ha vent had the balls to weigh myself. With the numbers being the major motivator for me it was really hard to be a strict as I should have been when I didnt even know what it was doing.

This morning I weighed myself. I had to do it. If nothing else I need those numbers to see if I'm making any progress.

Out with it: This morning I weigh 247 pounds. I have mixed feelings. I'm pissed off at myself for letting it get there (I should be maintaining 215-225), I'm relieved I finally know the answer and can start seeing results , I'm embarrassed I'm 45 pounds higher than my lowest ever weight, I'm happy I still kept off 50 or so of the 100 I lost.

Mostly though I think I'm really to just not cry about it and move on with getting it fixed. So that's progress as far as I'm concerned.

Hi, my name is Brian, and I've got 30 pounds to lose.

No comments: