Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Doin' it in NYC


I'm in NYC this week for work hence the title.
First of all, thanks to the guys still reading and supporting. I really do appreciate that, it's an important motivator for me.

I'm still plodding along. I did decide a while back that it's not as important for me to weigh myself daily. It's a bit of a mental detriment and even small upticks from water weight or whatever make it annoying.

So that said I havent done a weigh in for a while, but I do know I'm still moving in the right direction. I'm fitting in clothing again that fit me when I was probably high 230's/low 240's, so that's good.

Everything I eat isn't perfect, but the portions are and I believe I'm being sensible.

Exercise still isn't ideal, especially this week with traveling, but I'm hoping to change that when i can get back into a normal schedule. I did bike commute 10 mile round trip 3 out of the 5 work days last week.

I guess that's it really. I'm just slowly moving in the right direction while trying to have somewhat of a normal eating life. Oh, and I realized that it's been over a year since I've had soda of any kind, diet or otherwise. I plan to keep is that way forever if possible.


2 comments:

Ripx180 said...

As long as your headed in the right direction and making positive progress that's a win in my book. I don't drink much soda but it would be hard to give up forever. I suppose the sugar is bad for you or the chemicals in the diet version is bad for you. I wish it was easier to trick my head into consuming more simple, natural, whole, foods.....Anyway, enjoy NYC and keep blogging!

Jen said...

Some day, we are going to either bike or run together. It will happen... :)